Friday, July 17, 2009

Already Gone.

I can honestly say that I think every song sounds better acoustic. I don't know, I just like stripping away the beats and listening to the pureness of an artist's voice. I think it brings out more emotion in a song...I love it. If you know me well enough, you'd know that Kelly Clarkson is one of my favorite artists. I've been a fan of hers ever since American Idol. I remember watching her performances and being completely captivated by her voice and although her music has changed throughout the years, I am still a big fan because I think that her music encompasses this certain level of geniality. Many artists try too hard to make a "hit" or to be at the top of the billboard charts. But Kelly doesn't need this extravagant song to make it to the top. Her lyrics are REAL and most especially, they're raw. By this, I mean that she really exposes her heart with her music and that's what I love most about her,especially when she performs. You just KNOW that her songs contain a powerful or meaningful story behind them. I'm not saying that ALL her songs do this, but a good handful of them do. I appreciate artists who create something beautiful just for the sake of it. They don't need to be number one. Their music has this quality that reaches out to their fans...and it's REAL. That is what music should be all about.