Ok so moving on, I FINALLY got to watch Britney Spears' documentary. It was pretty good stuff! I admit I cried at one point haha...I don't know why...maybe because I used to idolize this girl and it was just sad hearing her talk about what she's been through. But there was one part of the documentary that really got to me. It was when she was talking about her love for dancing. She said: "Everybody has a world that they create around themselves. If I have a lot of nervous energy, you know when I start dancing it all goes away and I just feel emotion, it's like a rollercoaster you know? People think that you go through something in life and you need to go to therapy. For me, art is therapy because you're expressing yourself in such a spiritual way. Sometimes you don't need to use words to go through what you need to go through. Sometimes it's an emotion that you need to feel when you dance that you need to touch on and the only thing that can touch it is when you move a certain way." Right when she said this, I totally agreed with her. I mean, yeah life gets tough sometimes and the "right" thing to do is talk about it. But sometimes words aren't enough you know? Dance can be a positive outlet for emotion and I think that emotion is what makes dance so beautiful. When someone can channel all their negative or positive energy into art, it's inspiring. I think that's why I miss dancing so much. I miss relieving my stress though a hard-hitting hip hop routine. Sweating out all of my anger and fear. I know that sounds dumb but it really helped me back then.
Now, I feel like I don't have anything like that to turn to and college is definitely more stressful than high school so I just feel like I'm missing something. I want dance back in my life. But at the same time, I feel like I need to get myself on the right track academically before I pursue dancing again. I have to make sure that I'm in my major and that I am doing well before I dedicate myself to dancing again. When this happens, I will be up and ready to audition and to fill the part of me that's missing.