At first it was a little bit overwhelming haha. There were so many kids and I couldn't remember all their names! But then I started working with most of them for homework help and I started to feel more comfortable. The thing I liked most about them was that they actually WANTED to get their homework done. I didn't have to force anyone to pay attention...they just listened and asked questions. I guess my mindset about these kids is that they have short attention spans and would rather play then solve some math problems, but I was wrong. I'm glad that they have the eagerness to learn. One girl named Shayla was so proud of writing her short story that she even shared it with everyone else. I love how little kids read...their short pauses in between sentences and unclear pronunciation of words haha...it reminds me of when I was still learning to read. But I gotta say that teaching math today was a bit of a challenge...writing numbers in expanded form LOL. I forgot about even learning about that and explaining the ones, tens, hundreds, thousands, and ten thousanths spaces and everything. It really took me back to the real BASICS of math, which is something I am definitely not used to haha...but I'm glad that it is refreshing my skills! I am so glad that I applied to this program, it's just what I needed.