Sunday, October 4, 2009

Life as a second year at UCI.

So, fall quarter is starting to pick up. I've been a lil' busy bee balancing classes, studying, volunteer work, Liwanag, and Kababayan. I'm doing my absolute best to keep up with my readings and to pay COMPLETE attention during lectures haha. The last thing I want right now is to fall behind during week 2 of classes. But so far I'm really enjoying how this year has begun. I absolutely LOVE apartment life compared to dorm life, minus taking the shuttle to campus part LOL. I'm trying to live a better lifestyle by not eating out as often, cooking more, and going to the gym at least once a week. 

But aside from physical health, Liwanag has been keeping me spiritually fulfilled as well. Today was family leader/s.os. retreat at Las Lomas Park. It was great being able to bond more with them. I'm not going to lie, learning about my responsibilities and expectations made me a bit nervous. I'm still a little bit shocked that core chose ME to be a family leader, being only a second year. What made them trust me enough with this role? I don't know. But all I know is that I am ready to serve Him in any way that I can. I think that being a family leader will give me a chance to open up my heart to others and to share the glory of God; to show His love through being a servant leader. I know that this year is going to be HECTIC, but I just know that Liwanag will be there for me, just as I will be there for them. So I am definitely looking forward to being a family leader and working with my co Khrystyn and s.o.s Ace. I really look up to those two and all I hope for is to grow closer to them throughout the year and to just learn from this experience.

I have no idea what to expect. But I know that God chose all of us to be His servants and I am ready to take up the crosses that will soon be set upon my shoulders. Lord God, I am Yours and I lift up all that I am to You. <3