Sunday, July 3, 2011

Stitch by Stitch.

I had the chance to see two live tapings of 'The Voice' and I think its become one of my absolute favorite shows. I know that there's a lot of reality singing competitions, but this one is so unique and I love it! Although I was rooting for Dia to win, I REALLY like Javier's original song, "Stitch by Stitch." I think it's supposed to be about family, but just reading the lyrics made me think about my relationship with God and what He's done for me...

"I'll be ok, cuz' You heal me
And I give you all my pieces broken
In Your hands, there's nothing that You can't fix
My heart is frayed, my scars are open
So put me back together now, stitch by stitch"


"In Your hands, there's nothing that You can't fix." I love that lyric because it epitomizes His love for us. We may be broken and beaten down, but He is working slowly to help us be the best people we can be. And I know that many people look for the easy/fastest solution to their problems, but in reality, it takes time to heal our 'scars.' So, the phrase 'stitch by stitch' is a reminder for me to take things one step at a time. I can't always get what I want, but I know that He will always give me what I need.