Thursday, January 26, 2012

Standing, Unafraid.



We were made to be courageous
And we're taking back the fight
We were made to be courageous
And it starts with us tonight

The only way we'll ever stand
Is on our knees with lifted hands
Make us courageous
Lord, make us courageous
-Casting Crowns

I am officially declaring 2012 my year of courage. I need to start believing in myself more. I feel like I've held myself back from doing more because I'm scared to try something and fail. Its happened so many times that I've just stopped trying. The repercussions can be scary, but I owe it to myself to start trying again. I got an "Excellent" with a 'check plus' on my first care-plan of the semester and I guess that kind of ignited something in me again. My clinical instructor told me she loved reading my work because it was good. And those are words that I definitely needed to hear.

I didn't get the job at the Lymphedema center, so that means I have to find something else that I need to try. I'm going to take advantage of this surge of motivation that I have at the moment, to thrive, to be brave, and to not fear rejection. God gave us the gift of courage because we were made to do wonderful things and I am going to continue to grow by every good or bad experience that I encounter this year.

Hoping for something great to come along and enjoying the journey :) Being optimistic has given me this positive energy and I'm loving every moment of it. It' time to stand, unafraid, and reach higher because I know His hands will be their to pull me up. Faith & Trust, that's all I need.

"See if you can surprise yourself by doing something brave. Enjoy the aftermath of watching yourself shed your old skin." - Sara Bareilles