It's gonna take awhile.
It's normal to take awhile.
You've just gotta fight your way through.
-Ira Glass
Hello Thanksgiving Break!!! :D I've been MIA for this past crazy and hectic month. But I'm happy to say that the storm has passed. I'm done with exams/papers until finals and successfully completed my OB/Peds clinical rotation. I think this was the first time after clinical that I didn't want to leave. Its been a great experience and I think it's amazing to see how I'm improving at patient care. When I think back to when I first started, I would hide as long as possible with my clinical group in the supply room before entering our patient's rooms because we were so scared haha. We've all come a long way and I think one of the best parts of nursing school is seeing the growth and potential in everyone.
I know that my class is pretty burnt out at the moment. It's becoming harder to stay focused and I know this because I'm right there along with them. It's SOO difficult to stay motivated for 15 weeks straight when you fail in between and feel exhausted. But despite all of the stress, I think this has been an enjoyable semester and I think it's because I've kept my priorities straight. I've hung out with friends more this semester, had group study days, and took every opportunity to go out when I could. Having a support group is helping me through and I'm extremely thankful for the friends that took the time to listen to me vent when I was on the edge of tears or actually in tears.
I'm hanging in there and I think that's all I can do at this point. This Winter Break is going to be HEAVENLY because I've barely had the chance to relax at all this whole semester. The bad thing is, next semester is going to be even crazier. We have been placed in our advanced med-surg and mental health clinical sites and my group has the VA and UCLA. I'm scared for all of the work & intensity, but at the same, I'm excited to learn more and become a better student nurse.
When everyone else is looking for an easy way out, I'm looking for more challenges to overcome. I think that I have proven just how ambitious I am throughout this year alone. If you've been keeping in touch with me, you know what I'm going through and you know what I've chosen to do with my life for the time being. You know why I've been so stressed and why I need extra support. And I just want to say thank you for believing in me and for being so supportive of my decision. Its been so hard and I'm glad that I still have a few people I can keep in touch with and trust. I'm doing really well and I couldn't have done it without you :)
I am thankful to be pursuing a career that seeks to help others. It's hell sometimes, but it's sure damn worth it. Time to push out the clouds and make more room for sunshine.