Sunday, December 2, 2012

Lego House.

One of the things I absolutely love about nursing is the opportunity to give back to the community. I volunteered at the Thanksgiving Health Screenings in Santa Monica and it was honestly one of the best experiences I've ever had. I've never given so many IM injections in such a short span of time! But it was fun :) It was heartwarming to hear people telling me "I appreciate what you're doing" and "Thank you so much" with smiles on their faces. Many of them were homeless and didn't have any access to healthcare and it made me appreciate just how lucky I am. We take our lives for granted when we complain about the smallest things and I just have to take step back sometimes and realize that these people can't be left out of the picture.




I'm sad that Kathy Kelly won't be my teacher next semester. She is probably the epitome of what a nurse should be and even though I didn't have her for clinical (which I wish I did!), her passion and excitement for nursing is so contagious. I remember at the beginning of the semester she told us that nursing better be something that we absolutely love, or else it will get boring after awhile. I don't want to be one of those nurses that come to work, JUST to work their 12 hour shift and get it over with. I'm going to be better than that. And I think that the nursing program at MSMC is helping us to avoid becoming "that kind of nurse" by all means. That's why I love this program.

This semester has been so challenging on many levels and I'm looking forward to ending strong and having a nice & relaxing break before the chaos of next semester. Thank you, God for staying by my side during my low points. I know that you are using my failures to make me better and I know that when things don't go as planned, you have something better planned for me.



I'm out of touch, I'm out of love
I'll pick you up when you're getting down
And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now
I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind
I'll do it all for you in time
And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now