Monday, January 26, 2009

Nostalgia.

So last night I went to watch Vibe, the annual hip-hop dance competition here at UC Irvine. It was an awesome show as always and the energy that the dancers had was just amazing. But I have to admit as I was watching the show, I felt a sense of nostalgia....that rush of energy you get from the crowd, that feeling of being on stage with a group you absolutely love, and the applause that you receive from the audience.

It's funny because the first vibe that I went to 5 years ago was my inspiration to start dancing. And that's when I gained the courage to try out for "Dance Live" where I danced for 3 years and was probably one of the greatest experiences that I've ever had. Last night made me realize that I miss it terribly. 

I would love to be on a dance team here at UCI, I mean we have some GREAT teams. But I don't know if I have the courage to try out. I've always been self-conscious about my dancing...but when I won Dancer's Choice Award for Dance Live, it made me feel confident about myself and that I was a good dancer. So I think I just need to believe in myself and go for it. If I don't ever try out, I think it'll be one of my biggest regrets. 

It's time to stop being afraid and to just have faith in myself. I can do this. Right?