Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fighter.

I'm not gonna lie, this semester schedule is pretty exhausting. I'm just soo eager to make it to that last stretch because I'm so over all my classes already. I just want to fast forward to finals, through all the stress/studying, and make it to the satisfaction of hopefully getting at least a 3.5 GPA this semester. Based on what grades I am expecting, I might not quite make it and that's kind of upsetting, but I'm going to try my best to get as close to that as possible. But as long as I know that I give my all and don't get any C's, that would be good enough for me I guess...

I've noticed that A LOT of people have been starting to feel the pressure of school. Just this week alone, about 1/3 of the girls in my Anatomy lab dropped the class, which included two of my friends that I sit with. So I'm gonna be alone at my table until the semester ends :( And also, a lot of people dropped Anatomy lecture because our teacher is the most difficult out of the three. It's kind of disheartening to see people giving up and being broken under pressure to get into the nursing program, but it just reinforced the fact that I really need to be a fighter. As of right now I'm extremely happy with how I'm doing, but I know finals are going to be tough so I can't get ahead of myself just yet. I've been keeping myself grounded with the help of my new group of friends, humbling myself through making time for Him each day, spending a majority of my week reading/studying/reviewing material, and de-stressing with music and LA adventures with my friends from home. So I guess you could say I've learned to find somewhat of a balance to keep me sane, instead of letting myself go like last time. This isn't easy, but I am going to make it through, thanks to You.

"Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter"