Thankfully, this book has been such a great read and it eased a lot of my worries. Of course, most of it was common-sense stuff coming from a Catholic background, but nevertheless I took something from it. And I think the last chapter on finding your destiny is what hit home for me just because I'm having trouble with assessing what it is I truly want to achieve in my own life. I have certain ideals that I want to pursue, but there's no way of exactly knowing how to get there, or if I ever will. And that can be a scary thought, right? Not being able to reach your absolute goals. But the author expressed that...
"There's a reason that God doesn't always tell us our destiny right away but prefers instead to reveal it to us little by little. It's because He's interested in not only what we're going to accomplish but also what kind of person we're going to be at the time we accomplish it. And sometimes the "journey" is what helps mold us into better human beings. Indeed, the journey is often what makes life enjoyable. All of the things we experience in life- from the time we're little children right up to the present moment- can help us prepare for the greatness God has in store for us. Even the bad things- the mistakes, the frustrations, the disasters and tragedies- can help lead us to our destiny. God wastes nothing. That's why we ultimately have to thank him for everything. We have to ultimately say in the words of one popular song, "God bless the broken road that led me straight to you."
Such a simple, yet powerful statement. It's not anything I haven't heard before, but I feel like its changed my perspective. What's "in-store" for me is what I'm mostly concerned about, but I'm still thanking Him regardless of the mess I've made of myself. I'm just hoping that this "mess" will eventually lead to something amazing. The best part of the book is the ending prayer that combines all of the prayers mentioned in the chapters. I think it'll be a start to say this prayer everyday because that's the least I can do for Him.