I think a lot of people want to get by with life on a "free ride." They want money, but don't want to work hard; want to be in love, but don't put in enough effort to sustain their relationship; want to be successful, but can only do so by using other people for their advantage. I wish I could have a free ride sometimes, I think we all do. We want that straight path to our image of happiness.
But of course it doesn't work that way. Just thinking about the New Year can kind of be overwhelming. I love being home for the holidays and not having to think about much. Being away from school and LA back here in Menifee with my family and friends has been comforting. I think I need to take this week to kind of organize my thoughts and plan what I want to do in 2012. If I really want something to happen, I know I'm going to have to work hard. It won't be easy, but I'm really hoping to challenge myself. I can't get by on a "free ride."