I had a lazy weekend in Lancaster with my brother and sister in law. It was nice to just spend time with family and be away from my own place in LA. After a few weeks of being surrounded by loud and screaming kids at work, all I wanted to do was sleep and enjoy quiet time alone. That's exactly what I did when I was alone at their apartment haha. I felt old and lame, but at the same time it's JUST what I needed.
We watched two movies: "This Means War," which was pretty horrible and cheesy, and "Friends With Kids," which was actually REALLY good! It wasn't hyped too much, so I guess that's why I haven't heard much about it besides briefly seeing previews for it some time ago. It was kind of funny watching that movie with my brother and sister in law because I knew they were thinking about their own life together once a kid comes along and how that pretty much changes everything. I know the movie was meant to be comedic or whatnot, but in reality, it was pretty accurate. I would definitely recommend that movie for everyone to watch. It's hilarious, but thought-provoking at the same time.
I know I said "This Means War" was a bad movie (sorry Reese Witherspoon, but you know I still love yah!), but there was one quote that stuck out for me after I was done watching. It went something like this:
"Don't just choose the better guy, choose the guy who is going to help you become a better girl."
I know I'm not dating or in a relationship and I probably won't be for awhile, but I think that quote is something that every girl should keep in mind. There are a lot of good guys out there, but we have to remember to choose someone that is ultimately going to bring out the best in us. At least that's what I would want anyway :]