Saturday, July 14, 2012
Standing Tall.
"Cause everything starts from something
But something would be nothing
Nothing if your heart didn't dream with me
Where would I be? If you didn't believe."
I don't consider myself a "Belieber" haha, but I DO like this song. Everyone has at least one other person in their life who they can thank for helping them to get through those occasional slumps. Luckily, I have a good handful. So when I heard this song, it made me think of all the people in my life that continue to believe in me.
These next two years of Nursing school are going to be tough. I know there are going to be more days of doubting, crying, and feeling burnt out. I don't say this to be negative, it's just the truth. And I think all of my fellow nursing students would also agree. The best tools to survive nursing school aren't just having the brains and dedication, it's also instilling that strong sense of faith in yourself to endure whatever is in store. For me personally, I HAVE to pray. I HAVE to imagine myself walking across that stage at Gibson Amphitheatre for graduation. I HAVE to see myself being successful before I do anything else. I am a true believer in visualizing my dreams/goals in order to keep myself motivated because when you're caught up in all of the work, it's easy to forget why you're doing it.
Nursing school isn't something that you can get through all on your own. It takes a lot of support from the people in your life who actually take their time to listen. With just a little over a month of Summer vacation left, I'm starting to feel that uneasiness in my stomach. I've been so carefree these past few months and I know it's going to hit really hard once I step foot back onto campus. I'll be on that crazy rollercoaster again, but faith will help me ride it out. I can study all I want, but without seeking His strength, I wouldn't be able to do much else.