Sunday, October 7, 2012

Back To Your Arms.

I really wish I could still make it out to Liwanag events: MOTP, first gen, and family leader/sos day. Sometimes I just hunger for that spiritual revival with this family, its never failed me before and I know I could use it right now. In terms of feeding my spiritual needs, I think I'm doing a better job with making prayer part of my daily routine, even if it's just a little bit each day. I can't let my other priorities get in the way of making time for Him. Now that I'm attending two Catholic colleges, I'm reminded everyday of His presence. I can be assured that even on my crappy days, I can still find peace somehow.

Anyway, I heard this song off of Pink's new album and some of the lyrics caught my attention. This song may not be about God or anything spiritually related, but I still think it's significant if you change the context of the song. We can't be protected from everything that may hurt us, but we can always run back to His arms, under any circumstance, or however long we've been away. I love that concept and I truly believe in that. I hope everyone else can too.

"I know that you will have to fall
I can't hide you from it all
But take the best of what I've got
And then you know no matter what
Before you walk away, you know you can
Run, run run
Back to my arms
They will hold you down"