Monday, October 15, 2012

Catch My Breath.

Good news, I've made it halfway through the semester. Bad news, the next half isn't going to get easier.   Better news, He is pulling me through.

I'm in over my head with studying, papers, outside visits, preparing for exams, and clinicals. It's a lot to take in. Hot tears of frustration get to me, but I can't let this semester bring me down. It's draining to see how much my class is struggling just to pass exams this time around. Each rotation (OB/Peds or Adv. Med Surg/ Mental Health) has their pros and cons, but I know we all just want to make it to next semester. It was no joke when we were told junior year of the nursing program is the most strenuous. I definitely believe it because this is the first time that I've failed an exam, just like some others. It's a shock, to study as hard as we do and to get defeated by our own nerves. This just means I have to work harder. I will NOT feel sorry for myself. I've already done that for too long.

This past mid-semester break was pretty upsetting. I spent all of it getting work done and not getting enough time to spend with my family and friends when they were over at my house. It's so frustrating because I feel like I haven't had a chance to relax even just for a day. Everything is so fast-paced and I'm desperately trying to keep up. But now that I'm halfway done, I just have to keep the motivation up for the next seven weeks. Winter Break will be here before I know it and I will be celebrating my success. This is my goal. So now, it's time to catch my breath and inch closer to the end of the semester. 

I CAN DO THIS.
I CAN DO THIS.
I CAN DO THIS.





"Catching my breath, letting it go, turning my cheek for the sake of this show
Now that you know, this is my life, I won't be told what's supposed to be right


Catch my breath, no one can hold me back, I ain't got time for that
Catch my breath, won't let them get me down, it's all so simple now"