Saturday, October 6, 2012

And So It Is.

"What you are is a complicated girl with simple needs. You need your books and time to read, and you need a few friends and you need someone-not to take care of you, but to care for you. If you have all  those things, you'll be alright." -Brian Morton

Even though I've had a rough past few weeks, I'm still happy with where I am. Failure at any point of life shouldn't have to be a trigger for fear. If anything, I want my mistakes to MEAN something. I'm learning little by little along the way and I'm okay with not being close to perfect. 

Putting my thoughts into action has been a great leap forward for me. I've been told I'm "soft-spoken," but that doesn't mean I lack passion or drive. My leap of faith has led me on this recent journey and I'm experiencing so many new things. It's overwhelming, but I'm just glad that a new me is finally starting to emerge. Four years ago, I don't think I had enough courage to let myself take a risk. It's nice to see that my inner "go-getter" has given me a new spark for adventure. 

Along those lines, I taught my very first PCN workshop for MSMC's 'Mountain Suite.' Jumping at the chance of being on PCN board was a stretch for me because I know how hectic practices/preparation for PCN can get. But after that workshop, I felt really happy and I think reuniting with my love of dance was the reason. Dance has been such a big part of my life and I think extending my role to "dance coordinator" made me feel like I have a purpose that needs to be achieved. I want the people who are in my suite to feel that connection with the Filipino culture; more importantly I want them to be enthusiastic about it and show that pride on stage. I know I will be sacrificing many hours of sleep & studying next semester as a PCN coordinator, but I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end. Being on any "board" for school has been one of my goals and now is my time to cross this off my list. Plus, teaching dances is fun and I'm gonna need something to keep my stress in check. I'm super glad that I got positive feedback and that people actually enjoyed learning something that I had taught them. It's an amazing feeling :)

Anyway, my horizon has a good outlook so far. I'm SUPER busy and stressed 98% of the time, but my life is becoming more enriched with all of the new things that I decide to try. Expanding my limits and stepping outside of my comfort zone is my strategy. Life, take me with you and don't let me fall behind.