After seeing my grades from Fall & Winter quarter, I was devastated. Sure, I was technically passing but that wasn't good enough for me. So for a couple weeks I stopped going to club events. I stopped going to Liwanag and Kababayan so that I could read more, study more...but that made me realize that I needed those clubs. Those people, my friends, were my backbone. They helped me to get through each week. I finally started to get the hang of things and after that, college became so much fun for me. Amidst all the stress, I love college for the social aspect and now that I'm back home for the summer I have to admit that I miss it.
However, I really am happy to be back home. I'm just trying to make sure that I make the most out of my next year. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't get too involved in only one organization and that I would broaden my horizons. I don't want one club to define who I am. I want to have the freedom to explore, try new things. Of course I want to stick with Liwanag and Kababayan because those are my two families away from home. But I want to do some volunteer work too, maybe some kind of high school outreach, I just want to HELP. All this time I've been scared of trying new things, but I am going to make sure that my second year of college will be different. I'm ready to make a change...to BE the change. It's going to be LEGENDARY!!
P.S. I'm currently addicted to How I Met Your Mother...haha...great show! :D