Sunday, June 28, 2009

Late Night Rant.

It's almost 3 a.m. and I feel tired physically, yet my mind won't seem to rest along with my body so I guess I'm gonna pass time with this late night rant...

Yesterday night was the annual fireworks show here in Menifee, which is probably THE BIGGEST event in this city haha. Although it's nothing that special, it's something I always look forward toe every year because I get to hang out with my family & friends, eat barbeque, and just chill in the backyard while watching the show. I just think it's great how this tradition has been part of my life ever since I was a little girl and it's still spent with the same people year after year. I feel like that is a true blessing because people come and go in your life. Being able to stay in touch with these people without having to try too hard is a great feeling. It just happens naturally because you've been friends for so long. I wish that everyone could find a group of friends like that :) 

But this just got me thinking about my close friends who I have lost contact with: high school friends, old family friends, my dance teammates. It's sad that I don't get to hang out with them anymore, but that's life. However, there is one person that I miss the most. I've always wanted a big sister so that I could share things with her, just like sisters do in movies. Haha...I know that probably sounds dumb, but it would have been nice to have that older sister to offer me advice and help me deal with my problems. Sure, me and my brother are close, but having a brother is definitely not the same thing as having a sister! Back to what I was saying, I always thought of this person as that "sister" figure. I would always vent to her about everything. She was always there to listen and encourage me when I was in a dark stage in my life. She helped me a lot and I just miss talking to her. She inspired me to be more independent and to go after what I wanted. Although she was older than me, she also turned to me for advice as well. For her to trust MY opinion was just mind blowing to me. I mean, why would anyone want to listen to what a young teenager has to say about life right? Well, she was the exception. Now that we drifted apart, I have that longing for a big sister again. 

I hate how people can become so distant from the people that they love. Getting older brings a lot of responsibility and people seem to forget their friends along the way. I have to admit that I am one of those people. It's a shame, but that just means that I have to try harder. And I will from now on. I have learned from this mistake and I can't take losing any more close friends. 
So if I ever say "KEEP IN TOUCH" to you, I mean it, really.