Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Best Christmas EVER <3.


Ever since I was 5, I have celebrated Christmas with the same people- the Aquino and Abao families. Although we're not blood related, we have grown to call eachother family after 14 years of friendship. The kids from each family, 2 siblings from each, came to be known as the KLAWBS, each letter being either the first or last letter of our names...I know it sounds kinda dumb but after awhile it just stuck and we couldn't think of anything else anyway haha. Looking back, I have come to realize how blessed I am to always have this family to come home to, especially on the holidays. But we've been there through all the significant parts of eachother's lives: birthdays, graduations, confirmations, and now we are soon going to be groomsmen and bridesmaids at my brother's wedding in October next year. All I can say is wow...we've come a long way! I remember when we were younger we would talk about who would be the first one to be married out of all of us and it's crazy that the time has finally come! 

I am so excited that we get to celebrate this special occasion together :] But I'm also glad that the KLAWBS are going to have a new member, Jecca, my brother's fiance to the group. The way how they asked us to be in the wedding party was the cutest thing ever. After opening gifts downstairs, they told us to wait awhile until they told us to come upstairs for something. So we did...then when we get up the stairs there are 5 little boxes that we each had to grab before we entered the room. As we entered the room, there were candles lit all over the room and we were told to stand over these little books that had our name on them while facing the tv. A slideshow soon appeared on the tv, which had a compilation of pictures and videos of all our years together. It was so fun to watch, just because we have been through so much together and it was great seeing all of our memories on screen. But after the laughs, the video flashed back to where we had our first hangout, at Katrina's old house and Shyd & Jecca saying heartwarming things about our friendship together.  Then they finally got down on one knee, popped open a box with a ring pop in it, and asked us if we would be their groomsmen and bridemaids at their wedding. We were all so thrilled! I think that was the best "gift" I had ever received! So then we got to open up the little boxes we first grabbed and we each had out own ring pops haha. And the little books with our names on them were actually mini scrapbooks! So cool! Also, we each got personalized beers that either said groomsmen or bridesmaid on them. I swear that Shyd & Jecca have the best ideas and creativity when it comes to these kinds of things haha. 

So, as they said in the video, we are finally going to start writing the next chapter of our lives together and I am nothing but excited. Our friendship has come a long way and I'm glad we have made it this far. Cheers to true friends and many more years to come! :]