So last night was Liwanag's first meeting of Spring Quarter and it felt good to be back. We did the traditional stations of the cross for holy week and it was really moving. I've already watched "The Passion of the Christ" a couple years back, but I forgot just how powerful the images of Jesus on the cross were. It was an emotional experience and I am glad that I had a chance to participate during the reflections by reading the 13th and 14th stations. I kind of feel like the 13th station was meant for me to read because it talked about telling others that you love them, because often times we don't appreciate them enough in our lives. And that is definitely something that I must apply to my everyday life...even if it's just saying "Love yah" to my friends on facebook so atleast they'll know :)
Anyway...there are a couple events coming up that I am excited about: Liwanag bonfire,PCN, family led meetings, Spirit Rally, and Spring banquet.One of my first memories with Liwanag was the bonfire during my first quarter at UCI so I'm really looking forward to that again. I can't believe its already been over a year since then!I still remember some songs that we sang that night and meeting the people who I have now grown so close to. And plus, bonfires are always just fun in general, but of course 10x better with Liwanag :)
PCN is approaching FAST. But I am definitely excited for the Michael Jackson medley that choir is working on right now. There's A LOT of work o be done, but hopefully we'll be able to pull it off and deliver a great performance.
LOG family meetings are this quarter too! Nikki and KD let me know that my family had the theme of "Passion," which I think fits St. Valentine perfectly. So hopefully we'll be able to come up with an activity that's fun, or maybe even a little serious? haha I don't know we'll see about that...but I'm looking forward to what the other families are going to come up with for their themes cuz' it's always nice to see how creative people can get.
Spirit Rally is coming up in May, and even though it's still a month away, I love the preparation and dedication that Liwanag puts into this event. Christian asked me to MC for Spirit Rally last night and I was kind of freaked out because that's one of the larger roles, but I decided to say yes :) I felt called to serve and I think it's going to be an uplifting experience. I just hope I do a good job haha...
And lastly, Spring banquet! Although it's a time to say bye to the seniors, it's also a way to show them how much we love them as well. I can't wait until the second years come up with our presentation, but I bet it will be pretty bomb...just sayin' haha.
So to wrap this up, Spring quarter is going to be an eventful one and I hope to be as involved as possible. I need to channel all my positive energy and be a happy person because I'm tired of bringing myself down. There's SO many things to smile about and I'm going to do just that :D