I don't know what prompted me to come up with this image in my head, but I was eager to write about it. I don't know how much sense it will make, but I've been thinking a lot lately and this is what I came up with:
So as of right now I metaphorically imagine myself floating on a raft in an open ocean. I can't really see which direction I'm going and I can't control where I want to go because I can only go where the wind takes me. In the distance, I can see a faint trace of land and eventually that is where I want to be because being on this raft isn't the safest place to be. It could break at any moment or I could fall into the water. So I continue to trust the wind and hope that I will be pushed into the right direction, toward the land.
Ok, so interpretively speaking, I am in a point in my life where anything can happen. I don't have my whole future laid out although I like to imagine where I'll be in a couple of years from now. The open ocean symbolizes all of the opportunities that are ahead of me and the land, I guess, represents my future-it's faint, but I can still see it. The wind is my perception of God. I can't predict which way he will direct me, I can't see Him, but I just trust that He will direct me in the path towards the land. My raft is my safe place, where I am right now, at an "in -between" state. When I said it could break at any moment, I'm referring to my safety net. I could be stripped of my comfort zone, "falling into" the water. But above all, the wind continues to be my hope.