Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Random Acts of Kindness.

I think it's great to let people know that you are thinking about them on a regular basis, not just on their birthday or some other special occasion. I remember one night of my freshman year in college when I was HELLA hungry and I was talking to my friend on AIM about it. I was just joking around that he should bring me something, but he actually DID make a special delivery to my dorm that cured my case of the munchies. Haha I know that may not have been such a grandiose deed on my friend's part, but to me it meant a lot, and it made me smile and feel loved :)

So this quarter, I'm really trying to have that same generous heart that my friend had. Even when my days are bad, seeing other people happy makes me happy, so I just really want to have an optimistic outlook on things and make sure that I show my friends how much they mean to me. I stopped by Fashion Island to pick up a job application to "The Children's Place" since my friend referred me to his manager (THANK GOD CUZ' I NEED A JOB!), and on the way back, I decided to stop by Sprinkles since it's only like 2 minutes away. I bought 6 cupcakes and decided to give some away. I really wanted to buy cupcakes for errbody but that would be hella expensive, real talk. LOL...but if I get that job at fashion island then I will be sure to be more generous, but as of right now, funds are a little tight haha. So I decided to give one to my Co and one to Nikki, just because I see how hard they work and thought they deserved a little somethin' to brighten their day and hopefully that did :) I still don't like to think about having to say goodbye to the seniors in a a few weeks because we've grown closer...but I hope to continue these random acts of kindness this quarter and hopefully make it routine.

And P.S.- Thank you for the good news last night. It was nice hearing something so uplifting after all of the crap I have gone through these last few weeks. I will be sure to keep praying. (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.) <3