Monday, August 22, 2011

Changing Tides.


"Now I’m not naive enough to think that I found my way because of some plant on my desk, but that plant was a symbol that I had finally made it. That’s all I was trying to give you, a reminder of the first day you started living your dream.”
-Lindsay OTH


I feel so blessed. Stepping thorough those classroom doors into my first nursing class of Fall semester was like a dream come true. I know I say that I didn't specifically choose nursing for myself, and that much is true. But at the same, there is no doubt that I felt a sense of belonging today. I felt PROUD.

I truly feel like choosing this profession was a calling from God. Just look at all the chances I had to change my major or go down a different path. Even though my parents, especially my Mom, kind of led me here, I feel that if I wanted something else I would have gone for it. But no, here I am. It's so exciting to finally be where I want, or need, to be. And I've been keeping up with my devotional journal and I swear that each entry goes along with the day that I'm having or the emotions that I'm feeling. When I'm anxious about something, I come across the exact words I need to calm me down... glimpses of God's Grace. This nursing journey is going to be such a challenge, but it's nice having this journal to confide in and I just KNOW that this school year is going to be great :)

"I don't know what the future holds, Lord, but I know You are here every step of the way. Guarding. Guiding, Keeping."

"So don't give up. Keep praying, keep hoping, and keep trusting. God is in control!"