Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dare to Believe.


"I may fall, but I swear that I'll help you believe."

Everyone needs a little help sometimes, whether they choose to admit it or not. I think that one of the best ways to notice a person for who they really are is to see how they treat those that can't give them much in return; helping for the sake of helping, rather than reward. This is something that I try to incorporate in my own life. My interaction with patients during clinical has pushed me to become a better person and I think one of the most rewarding things is when a patient expresses their sincere gratitude when I help them. But I think that I should be thanking them for actually trusting me. I deal with sick people everyday, but I think those same people are the strongest I've ever seen. I feel like my life has taken on a new mission and I need to believe that I can make a significant impact through this profession.

We've been in the dark for way too long,
But when we turn around we see light shine through the haze,
So forget about who was wrong, '
Cause I've never been more ready to turn this page.