Thursday, March 22, 2012

On My Way.



"Lay down
And come alive in all you've found
All you're meant to be
And for now
We'll wait until the morning light
And close our eyes to see
Just close your eyes to see

And when you feel no saving grace
Well I'm on my way
On my way
And when you're bound to second place
Well I'm on my way
On my way
So don't believe it's all in vain
Cause I'm on my way
On my way
The light at the end is worth the pain
Cause I'm on my way
On my way"


That rush of energy you get after watching a live show = priceless. The lights, feeling the bass literally INSIDE your chest, the energy on stage, it's all amazing and definitely just what I needed at the end of this stressful week. Boyce Avenue has been on my bucket list of concerts to see for some time now and I am SOOOO glad that I was able to go. The passion that Boyce Avenue has is one of the most genuine I've ever seen. The fact that they were 'discovered' through Youtube, have developed a pretty large fan base, and don't intend to be in the 'limelight' through the radio and mainstream truly shows an artist- someone who does what they love because they love to do it; not for fame, not for money, but for the pure love of music. That's what I admire about Boyce Avenue. And of course, because they are all so sexy when they play guitar and sing ;)

One of my favorite songs they performed was on "On My Way." Alejandro was talking about how this song is meant for those single people who are still "on their way" to meeting their 'special someone,' which is just waiting to happen. I thought that was a cute concept, but I also think that this song could apply to just goals/life in general. 99% of the time, I feel like people are in a spot that they don't want to be in. But we're still on our way to do great things. Alejandro told the crowd "to never settle for less than what we deserve." And I am going to hold myself accountable to do just that.

Thanks for a night of great music and energy Boyce Avenue <3