“Don’t be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves.”
— Dale Carnegie
Sometimes (ok I lied, A LOT of the time), I worry if I'm making enough progress with my life. Almost four years of college completed, but I'm still trying my best to keep up. I know that one day (or at least I hope) I will be able to look back and say "Why did I worry so much, everything worked out just fine." That's MY dream anyway...
Before Spring Break started, I volunteered to participate in a "Q&A" with a class of pre-nursing students. Three other girls from the Nursing program volunteered as well, and we spent a full hour answering questions from the group. It felt surreal to finally be on the "opposite side." I feel like I had been waiting for sooo long just to be in a Nursing Program, so being able to stand in front of a class of hopeful Nursing students that listened attentively to my experience and advice was pretty much one of the best feelings ever. I know what it's like to feel that uncertainty & doubt as a pre-nursing student and I'm extremely happy that I was able to participate for that. It also makes you feel kind of awesome when the Director of Nursing (personally my role model haha) sends you a personal "thank you" email. ;) This experience was the closest I've seen for my sense of 'progress' this year. A year ago, I prayed to be where I am right now. So maybe I'm doing okay after all? I really hope so.
I have just about 5 more months of my CCE internship and I'm looking forward to it coming to an end. I remember how much I wanted this last year and I even had to try 2 times before I got accepted into the program. It was a fight worth winning, but I am ready to move onto something better. I've been thinking about running for a leadership /executive board position at school, getting a part-time job, or getting my CNA certification. I just feel that it's time to "move on" from the internship phase because I want to believe that I can do more for myself and others. There's no use lingering at an internship just because I'm too scared to succeed or fail somewhere else. The leap is worth a try, whether I make it or get shot down. Either way, I know I'm trying.
I'm just praying that God has something good in store for me these upcoming months and that I'll end this semester with a feeling of pride for something, anything new that I've accomplished. I may be doing the "small jobs" at the moment, but I just know that it'll pay off soon.