Thursday, August 16, 2012

One Step at a Time.

I was flipping through my devotional journal today and I have finally come full circle! I bought this 365 day journal on August 17th, 2011. It's crazy to know that a whole year has already flown by. I'm still continuing with this journal until ALL of the pages have been filled with my writing because I haven't done the best job at making sure I got to it everyday like I intended to. Reading what I wrote has been interesting though. I can see when my faith was strongest, when I was struggling, and when I chose not to even read or write at all...

School starts on Monday and I'm trying to take as many deep breaths as possible. I want to start and end this semester strong. I've got a full plate of OB/Peds, clinicals, bioethics, PCN board, ATD, and new adventures ahead of me. It's exciting to be taking this next step forward and I just want to be going in with an open heart & mind. My Big from ATD keeps on telling me to not be afraid of 'Junior' year because a lot of people always say it's so hard. She's constantly been telling me to just take it one step at a time and know that I can do it; don't listen to other people and just work hard. I want to believe this as much as possible. I know that there are some 'sour fruits' in my nursing cohort and I just need to avoid them and do my own thing. I've been listening to Jordin Sparks' 'One Step at a Time' as a reminder to do just that. I can't hurry up at this point, I just need to focus and go. We live and we learn :)



Never allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith. Breathe. Trust. Pray. You're going to be okay!