Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Keep the Faith.

I know I probably mention this a lot, but Liwanag never fails to inspire me. They always find ways that help to strengthen my faith. Today's theme for the meeting was "At the cross, we are faithful." We were able to have a deep conversation within our smaller families and I thought it was great since I never really get the chance to express certain aspects of my faith. When I have to reflect on it, it really takes me back to the days when I really didn't care much if I went to church or prayed. I would have never imagined that I would be so involved with a "Catholic group" as you can say. 

I have a hard time expressing what I really want to say whenever we have these small discussions, partly because I get nervous, and partly because I just don't know what to say sometimes. But I think I've finally gotten comfortable enough to share some of the things that I've never shared with anyone else. Liwanag gives me that strength to be more open about myself and I love them so much for that. I can honestly say that I walked out of Interfaith with a smile today...I mean I always do after each meeting, but tonight was special. I think that when you are challenged, you have to keep that faith to move forward, no matter what the struggle is. So I'm gonna keep this in mind for the rest of the quarter. 

This week is gonna be a busy one, but I can get through it! The rain won't bring me down!