Ok, so time to continue where I left off? haha...I feel like I should try to blog more often since it is Lent and especially since it is GOOD to VENT whether I have a great day, shitty day, or an okay day. So even if I don't tell anyone what I'm feeling, I'll know it will all be here :)
So far, I've been keeping my Lenten commitment, although I HAVE been tempted to eat them sweets LOL. I really want to know that I have SACRIFICED once Lent is over, so hopefully I won't give in! One thing that I am REALLY proud of, is that I finally built the courage to go back to confession. Even though I was a nervous wreck, Father John Francis really helped to calm my heart and I was able to feel relaxed. Receiving God's grace is an amazing feeling and I feel refreshed :D I really just want to work on being positive and having faith in myself. I know that I'm going through a lot right now, but I just have to remember that God will help me to endure and that I have people in my life who are there to listen and encourage me.
I had lunch with Khrystyn today, my Co in Liwanag, and it was great just having the chance to talk with her since we never really see eachother outside of meetings. Talking to her about my problems with school and my parents was nice. I usually never really like to talk about those kinds of things but I have to at some point right? Having a friend to trust is a great gift and I'm going to be sure to NEVER take that for granted. I'm really grateful to have Khrystyn as my Co because I feel that she gets me. She understands the kinds of things that I'm going through and she offers me some great advice. I love her for being so caring and supportive because its people like her that keep me on my feet. I really want my friends to know how much I love them...especially the seniors who will be leaving soon. It sucks to know that more people are going to be leaving Liwanag since I STILL find myself really missing the seniors from last year. But that's life, so I just gotta make the best out of it while they're still here!
It's week 8 and it's getting close to finals week =/ Gotta keep on studying and persisting...no time for complaining!
Note to self: Be strong, you can do this.