Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Now That You're Near.

I stand before You Lord
and give you all my praise
Your love is all that I need
Jesus you're all I need

Now that You're near...
Everything is different
Everythin's so different now
I know I'm not the same
my life you've changed
I want to be with you
I want to be with you

These last couple of weeks have been pretty hectic with midterms and long hours of studying. I even got sick the weekend before my two midterms that I had on Monday. I was so frustrated and stressed out, my body felt like giving up,but I just told myself to keep going. I cried. I prayed. And somehow I got through. I almost skipped the Liwanag meeting last night because I still wasn't feeling that well, but I decided to go since I was sick of staying cooped up in my apartment and I'm really glad that I did. We got to have a one-on-one talk with another person and I think it's always nice getting to know someone who you don't really know. Even though I was congested and kept on coughing, going to the meeting made me feel better :) However, it was during praise and worship where I truly felt God's presence. For that moment, my sinuses cleared and my coughing stopped and I was actually able to SING. I felt like God had healed me for those few minutes, and he was MY voice. It was indescribable, I get the goosebumps just thinking about it. He truly was there with me last night and I am truly humbled by that. I included the lyrics at the beginning of this blog because I definitely know that I am NOT the same person that I was last year. He has changed me for the better and I will spend the rest of my life giving Him praise. His love fulfills, it endures, and it is more than enough for me. Liwanag winter retreat is coming up and I am definitely excited! I can't wait to spend more time with this family and to just get away for a weekend getting to know Him more. 

Jesus, you HEALED me last night. Thank You.