A new year has arrived for me to realize my single-ness. haha...GREAT. Valentine's Day would be so much better if I actually had a special someone to spend it with, but I guess my time hasn't come to run into him yet? At least that's what I like to think.
Anyway, my love life has been pretty dry. I'm not dating, not "seeing" anyone, or even have a person that I've been keeping my eye on. Sometimes I think that's a good thing and the rest of the time I just think that really sucks. I've never had an actual boyfriend either which kind of makes me feel insecure at times. Its been 19 years and I'm still here...waiting. The part that makes me the most upset is that I think I'd be a great girlfriend! LOL...not to sound conceited or anything, but I'm the type of person who likes to do special things for people. I like seeing people smile and I like that feeling you get when you make someone's day. So if I DID have a boyfriend, I'd be sure to apply these things to my relationship. Just saying...haha...
Even though I am valentine-less, it's nice to know that I have actually had a valentine before. So looking back always makes my heart smile. A guy that makes you feel beautiful on the inside and out is definitely refreshing. Flowers, chocolates and all of that stuff may seem so cliche, but when YOU actually receive those things, it's great. It makes you feel WORTHY. Worthy of love, worthy of having someone special in your life. I have to admit that I REALLY miss that feeling. That was the first time that I experienced a glimpse of love, and even though he and I didn't work out, I'm still grateful for that experience.
But hey, the year is just starting right? I still have the rest of 2010 to look forward to. This COULD be the year that I meet my Prince Charming, who knows? I just gotta keep my hope alive. I end this blog with two quotes that made me smile :) Happy Valentines Day!
"Growing up sucks. Not all kisses are magic, and most boys do not live up to your expectations. But there are those times, when everything, I mean love, romance, relationships, it all falls together perfectly. And it's incredible. It's those moments, no matter how depressingly few and far between, that make growing up worth it."
- Dawson's Creek
"Ever since I was young I never understood anything about the world, and I never understood anything that happened in my life. The only thing that ever made sense to me was you, and how I felt about you. That's all I've ever known and that's enough, that's enough for me for the rest of my life."
-Boy Meets World