Today my family threw a surprise bridal shower for my brother's fiance and it was great having such a big get together for the occasion :D It was definitely a lot of fun and it was nice to see all of my friends from home again.
I finally told them that I was transferring to L.A. I know it seems kinda late to be telling them but I kind of wanted to have everything settled first and now that I do I thought it was the best time to tell them. They were pretty surprised but what got to me the most was when they asked "How about all of your friends in Irvine?" And when I opened my mouth to say something, nothing came out. I choked up and that's when it hit me the hardest, that stark realization that they aren't going to be there when I start school. But I managed to say "Well, it's not like I'm not going to see them ever again." Which IS true, but I couldn't help but think about it the whole day after I had that talk.
And why am I up this late writing this blog? Because it's hard to sleep when your pillow cases are soaked with tears. But I'm going to try my best to embrace hope because I have NO reason to be crying at this hour of the night. It's kind of pathetic, but I just need to let it all out now. Then tomorrow morning, I will wake up with a smile, count my blessings and go to mass then come back home and do some more packing/laundry because I only have one more week until real life begins again.
I'm going to be okay.
I'm going to be okay.
I'm going to be okay.