I'm in L.A. trickkkk!! =P I'm finally here in the land of traffic, honking, and street parking! HAHA. My move to L.A. went great and I'm SOOO glad that I know some people here and was able to spend some time with them before school started. Anna was my first visitor and she took me to Gyu-Kaku for dinner the night I moved in. Jamie also joined us and it was great to spend time with them since I haven't seen them both in awhile :]
And on Sunday, I hung out with my Ate Kathy most of the day. I asked her to drive me to the fashion district to pick up my bridesmaid dress since there was NO WAY I would have survived going there by myself LOL. I've never hung out with Kathy one-on-one and it was nice just being able to talk with her about stuff. We had lunch at Philippe's French Dip Sandwiches and then hung out at Borders before mass at Saint Paul the Apostle. It was a nice way to end my Summer and I'm glad to have an Ate who is willing to drive my ass around L.A. cuz' I'm still scared haha. I would have never met her if I never joined Kaba and Liwanag so God really does put the right people in your life for a reason.
My first week here at MSMC is almost over! And it has been a pretty great first week if you ask me. I have to say I absolutely LOVE how they teach here. All of my instructors/professors are really engaging and I actually look forward to going to class each day, which is GOOD since I have 8am classes Monday through Friday. WHAT?! Yeah I know, but I like that feeling of getting up early and having a full and productive day :D
However, one of the cons here is that most of the students in my classes are younger than me, mostly freshmen, and I never thought I'd be saying this but I feel OLD! But all the girls are really friendly so its been easy to make small talk before classes. I haven't really "made" any friends yet, but it's only first week so I still got lots of time. Surprisingly though I have had a pretty medium workload this week. There's lots of reading involved and I'm making damn sure that I don't waste any time! I spend my breaks at the library to get ahead because I REALLY need to do well this Semester. I want to set the bar for myself and hold myself to higher standards. I need to keep telling myself that I'm not in the nursing program just yet, so I MUST work HARD and EFFICIENTLY to make sure I get into the program by Spring. I guess the good thing about being older in my classes is that I have somewhat of an advantage. I've seen a lot of the material before and I KNOW what it's like to be tested in a college class. So as long as I keep up with the work and take time to study each day, I know I should be just fine.
I'm really excited for the rest of this Semester. Today was the involvement fair and I signed up for Campus Ministry, choir, and Pangkat Pilipino. I'm totally ready to just get into the social pond again and to meet new people. The campus may be small, but I think that they have some really great organizations and I'm looking forward to what opportunities they will bring.
Another thing that I'm trying to do is dedicate more of my time to prayer. I know this semester is going to be stressful, but if I just keep my eyes focused on Him, I know He will guide me through any obstacle I may face. I've been going to these Morning Lauds at the MSMC chapel on Tuesday & Thursday mornings before my 8am classes and I'm going to try my best to keep this up the rest of the Semester. It's a very humbling way to start my day and I could definitely use that! And on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I take my break time or after school time to stop by the chapel and say the rosary. The chapel has its doors open for a REASON and I want to do my best to stop by as often as I can to just thank Him for all my blessings. I'm usually the only one in the chapel when I stop by to pray and I thought that there would be some other people doing the same thing, but maybe they go at different times? I don't know, but I love that the chapel is accessible. I'm excited to get more involved with Campus Ministry and would love to have an actual position on the team one day. That's going to be one of my goals.
I don't want to end this on a negative note or anything, but I REALLY do miss my life back at UCI. MSMC is great, but it doesn't have that same COLLEGE vibe to it. And yes, I miss my friends too. But that is why I'm going to Irvine tomorrow night and staying there til Sunday morning :D I couldn't be more excited! Gotta visit now when my work load isn't so heavy right? Wow, this blog is long so I'm gonna end here.
GOD IS GOOD. ALL THE TIME.
ALL THE TIME. GOD IS GOOD.