I took Kris and Tina along with me on Tuesday to go and see my potential apartment in L.A. which was quite an adventure. Driving there was CRAZY! I'm not used to all of that traffic and busyness on the streets, diagonal-crossing pedestrians and left turn lights where you have to yield, AHH. I guess I really need to become a more aggressive driver to survive in the streets in L.A. haha but I will get there one day! We had a pretty good eating day too! First we stopped at Diddy Riese on our downtime between my appointments and it was really good! Cheap and good desserts are a winner! Then we drove to Glendale to have lunch with Nikki in Montrose. I haven't seen her since she graduated so I'm really glad we got the opportunity to catch up a bit. I always enjoy hanging out with the LOG alumni any chance I get :] After lunch we stopped by the pet store to look around and we saw this weird Asian-looking bunny. It was kinda freaky but it was caged with this really cute brown bunny that was ADORABLE, so that made up for the freaky one hahaha.After lunch we headed to Porto's of course to hit up some guava rolls and cheese rolls, which we ate on the way back to Irvine while stuck in traffic. I was exhausted when I got back to my apartment so I took a much needed power nap before Liwanag.
I was kinda sad knowing that this would be my last Summer meeting, but I think it was the perfect meeting to end with before leaving just because it was really centered around Mama Mary and being God's servants. I really enjoyed it and all of the songs we sang for praise and worship. But what was funny was that at the end of the meeting for the Our Father, I somehow ended up in between Julian & Bellamay, my two family leaders from my first year. And I don't know if that was supposed to mean anything, but I guess it just made me feel safe? Like me moving on was going to be okay knowing that I had these two role models in my life who I could trust. That meeting was definitely a memorable one and I can't wait until Summer Retreat. I know this isn't goodbye, but it really is a sweet moment, or bittersweet I should say. But He has called me to be somewhere else and that is where I'm going to go.
Where do you want me to serve you?
Where can I sing your praises ?
I am Your Song.
Jesus, Jesus, You are the Lord.
Jesus, Jesus Your are the Way.
I hear you call my name, Lord,
and I am moved within me.
Your Spirit stirs my deepest self,
Sing your songs in me.