Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Living in the Moment.
"I'm letting myself off the hook for things I've done
I let my past go past
And now I'm having more fun
I'm letting go of the thoughts
That do not make me strong"
I'm so happy and proud of my fellow 2012 graduates :D My brother is also graduating this weekend from his Master's, so congrats to him as well! And like I've said before, I LOVE the month of June because of the happiness graduation brings. I really thought it was going to be difficult for me to watch as everyone else had their victory march across that stage because I should have been there too. But you know what? I'm done throwing myself pity parties. I've come to terms with what I've had to deal with and I don't want that negativity to follow me around any longer. If God has written in His plan for me to graduate later, then that is just what I have to accept. I'm excited for the c/o 2012 and wish them all the best!
I've been in LA these last two weeks and I decided to go to daily mass on Mondays, which I was unaware that Adoration followed afterwards. It was actually a nice surprise for me and it felt really great to just be able to have that time for myself in prayer. I think that going alone to church is a humbling experience because you know that you're there for yourself and not just because your whole family is going or because you know your friends are going to be there too. It's more about wanting to deepen that relationship with Him and seeking His grace. I feel like its been awhile since I've had over an hour to just sit in church and meditate/pray the rosary. I have so many things on my mind and so many things that I'm uncertain about, but I'm REALLY going to try to stop fussing about my past or future so much. I've learned from my mistakes & I know that He will continue to guide me, so why stress out about it so much? I just want to live in the moment and know that I have a peace of mind. I want to just FEEL that strength that He gives me every single day and be able to do everything with a good outlook. After seeing all of His goodness from this graduation season, it made me SOO excited for what is to come and I want to be able to anticipate the good things instead of the bad.
I've come to realize that the people in my life are solid. No matter where I may end up because of my career, I have faith that my friendships won't fall apart. I don't think I should ever hold myself back from going after what I want because of 'potential' things that can go wrong. You never know if you never try. You never know what you're missing out on if you're too focused on the bad things that can happen. It's time to move forward with my life.
"No longer will I build my life on wrong choices. Instead, I will live for You. I'm excited as I move forward. I'm already seeing a new beginning with You as my Guide. I look back and marvel at all You are doing in my life."