Sara Bareilles is a damn musical genius and artist. Her new EP is SO good and SO different. Love itttt! I didn't like this song at first because it had an eerie sound to it & it kind of freaked me out haha. But now I think it's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. Takes me back to the good ole' days of "Unplugged" sessions on MTV & seeing an artist in their true element :) Definitely going to see her in concert again with all this awesome new music!! ♥
"No enemies to call my own
No porch light on to pull me home
And where I was is beautiful
Because I was free
Once upon another time
Before I knew which life was mine
Before I left the child behind me
I saw myself in summer nights
And stars lit up like candle light
I make my wish but mostly I believed...
In yellow lines and tire marks
Sun-kissed skin and handle bars
And where I stood was where I was to be
Once upon another time
Decided nothing good in dying
So I would just keep on driving
Because I was free"