Corragio is the Italian word for "courage." I've fully committed to pushing myself from here on out. I'm 22 and I just feel like I haven't made any significant impact anywhere. I know that's sad to say, but I'm just trying to be real with myself this time around. School is starting to pick up and I'm trying my best to not procrastinate. I've been taking 2-3 days out of my week to work out. And I've finally begun that new chapter in my life that is truly going to be the defining point of my moral character and potential career. For the last two weeks of this new chapter, I've experienced constant motivation and that's exactly what I need. I need to keep on pushing and DO BETTER, BE BETTER. I want to flourish.
Anyway, lately it feels like my spirits have been low because we threw a surprise birthday for one of my very close friends who has been diagnosed with a mental illness and has recently had another episode. Seeing him like that, in that phase, was seriously heartbreaking. Knowing someone for over 18 years, knowing their true personality and who they really are, and then seeing them in a state that is completely different was terrifying for me. My friend isn't himself and all of my friends from home were just shocked by the severity of it. When we got home later that night, even my parents were still up talking about my friend because we were all so saddened by it. He's received professional help and new medication, so I'm just PRAYING that he will be back to his normal self soon. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry because I want to help him SO BAD, but I know there's not much to do but be supportive. I never imagined I'd be scared to just talk to him, but with his condition, it can be a little overwhelming. If you're reading this, PLEASE keep my friend in your prayers, it would mean a lot to me and his family.
Back to "coraggio," I'm excited to see how the new changes in my life are going to impact me. I'm taking the initiative to step it up and be a leader and I want nothing more than that feeling of purpose and meaning. I don't want the little things to distract me and I want to stay as focused as possible. I'm splitting up my time so that I'm more productive and I'm going to try and make this one of the highlights in my life. I'm in a new environment now and I have so many opportunities waiting for me and extra courage is what it's going to take to excel. I WANT THIS MORE THAN ANYTHING. I have the drive and passion in my heart. It's so strong right now and I want it to stay that way. I'm giving this my all and I'm going to need more courage than ever before. I can get there, I WILL get there, very soon.