Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Calling-Wherever You Will Go.

So this song popped into my head the other day and I honestly can say that it's one of my all time favorites. My favorite lines are "way up high, or down low, I'll go wherever you will go" and "in your heart, in your mind, I'll stay with you for all of time." This couldn't depict a better way of how I feel about my friendships that I have made these last two years. I've noticed that I have developed a deeper sense of compassion for those around me. I used to be so selfish. I honestly felt nothing for other people because I was too focused on myself...on MY success, MY problems, MY happiness, and when I prayed at night, I prayed for ME.

But now, things are different. I always find myself thinking about other people and how I can help them. It's like my heart has changed courses. That feeling of helping someone else or making someone else smile is priceless. I don't know why I didn't see it before...but I'm glad that I finally do now. I have so much faith in my friends and all that they can accomplish, but sometimes I wish I had as much faith in myself. I guess that's one of my flaws. Sometimes I get caught up thinking about others that I forget to prioritize my needs as well. But I just need to make sure I keep that balance in my life and everything will be fine.

Lastly, "The Calling-Wherever you will go" is how I want my faith to be in God too. "Way up high, or down low, I'll go wherever you will go." Wherever He takes me, I will try my best to be a humble servant :)