
Last night was St. Valentine's family led meeting. Our theme was "Live in me through Compassion" and we did a little fun activity that led each family around different parts of campus since "compass" is in compassion (OH GENIUSSS! haha) and we discussed different stories/personal experiences of compassion. I thought it was a success and I am SO HAPPY that a majority of my family came out, even though most of them don't usually go to weekly meetings. It was very humbling to look around and see my family singing their heart out during praise and worship and smiling/laughing during the activity. After these last few weeks of stressing about school and everything, this meeting really lifted my spirit. It was like a load was lifted off of my shoulders and my heart was just filled with so much love.
I have been faced with so many life-changing decisions lately and I've been doubting Him through it all. I've been doubting myself, wondering if I am making the RIGHT decisions. But yesterday night, I felt at peace and I just knew that whatever happens, everything was going to be okay. I think that God spoke to me through my family led meeting. He let me know that He was there, feeling my hurt and pain but assuring me that He would lift me out of that dark place soon.
For the first time in a long time, I went to sleep with a smile. Sometimes I underestimate just how BLESSED I really am. I am SO LUCKY to be part of this Liwanag family. To have this gift, this blessing is MORE THAN ENOUGH for me. I know it has been hard to see your face lately Lord, but last night, it was so clear, so bright, and so beautiful. I will continue to choose You, to choose LOVE, and to serve you. <3
Over the mountains and the sea,
Your river runs with love for me,
and I will open up my heart
and let the Healer set me free.