Sunday, May 2, 2010

At The Cross.

I really just wanted to sleep right now since I had to wake up early for Spirit Rally and I just got home, but I felt the urge to blog so here I go...

I had the wonderful opportunity of MC'ing for this year's Spirit Rally and it was a lot of fun. There wasn't as many people as I hoped there would be, but I didn't let that bother me because that's not what Spirit Rally is about. It's about coming together as a FAMILY and praising Him together because we LOVE Him. And that's what we did. It was just great seeing all of our hard work finally come together after these past few weeks of planning and practicing. But most importantly, it was fun just being in the presence of my Liwanag family and letting everything go just for that one day. I always look forward to these outreach events just because it revives my spirituality, especially after midterms or other things that I worry about. Spirit Rally gives me that opportunity to sing and dance my heart out, all for His glory. And I truly felt His presence there because I felt a sudden coldness surround my body during praise and worship. I lifted my hands and it felt as if I wasn't holding them up, but that He was. My arm didn't grow tired as the songs went on, but it felt stronger. That may be hard for someone else to imagine, but for me, it was real. That's what I felt, as if He was holding me himself. I always get nervous whenever I get these kind of senses, but it always humbles me and lets me know that He is there, even if I can't see Him.

I'm happy to see the direction that my faith has taken and I owe that all to Liwanag. They helped to cultivate the passion in my heart to serve. They helped me to have an open heart and to listen to His callings when I am struggling. They helped me to have faith in what I couldn't see, and just to be still to feel His presence. But most importantly, they taught me to trust and love in a way that I have never ever done in my whole life. They are the reason why I wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and the reason why I can go to sleep soundly because I know that I am LOVED. And I think that everyone should have the right to feel this way. So to everyone in the Spirit Rally crew and the alumni, thank you. Its because of you I know that I am truly blessed and I will NEVER take that for granted.

Your will above all else, my purpose remains.
The art of losing myself, in bringing you praise.
Everlasting, your light will shine when ALL else fades.
Never ending, your glory goes beyond all fame.

My heart and my soul.
I give you control.
Consume me from the inside out.
Let justice and praise, become my embrace, to love you from the inside out.