I know I've only been home for the last two weeks, but its been pretty busy. I had to deal with a lot of bad news, coming from the doctor and school, but I've been keeping my head up. I can't wait to spend the next week and a half back in Irvine with my friends. There's been a lot on my shoulders lately, a lot of thinking, and a lot of being overwhelmed. But when I was on that campus today, overlooking that gorgeous view, I felt humbled. And just seeing that at the center of the campus was Mama Mary and the chapel gave me hope. Since that remains at the center of the campus, then that same hope will remain in the center of my heart and in the center of my life. I officially became an Athenian today and it feels good that a new chapter of my life is soon to open.
Dr. Chadsworth gave a talk about having to make an initiative as a transfer student to become involved with the campus. And the part that stood out to me the most was when she said, "YOU have the choice to be interwoven into the fabric of this family, so make the effort to become part of it, join a club or organization because it's FUN, it'll help you balance your life and you'll do better in school." And from my experience she's totally right. Having extracurriculars helps to clear your mind instead of going straight home to study after class. So I will DEFINITELY be making that effort. I feel like my course load is a bit heavy, but I'll do just fine if I just balance my time and really FOCUS. It's GO time.
I thought I had a chance of getting an apartment with two girls I saw at orientation today, but that didn't work out. It turns out that one was asking me to move in, while the other one was talking to someone else to move in as well. And that other girl took up the offer. I guess a lack of communication happens when you don't really know eachother. I was kinda bummed because I thought I'd have the chance to have some friends before school started, but I guess it's back to square one. I'm still trying to officially seal the deal with the place I initially wanted. So unless something happens, I'll most likely be living in a one person guesthouse studio. I'm still on my toes about this one, just praying that it works out and that I'll like the place. EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON. Gotta move on and make something work.
There was a lot to take in today. And my search for comfort is always fulfilled with music. I love how just ONE SONG can change your mood drastically. I love how a song that reminds you of a WONDERFUL day can make a not-so-wonderful day feel like one too. I feel like I'm thirsting for more right now and that's why I'm SO GLAD that the Hillsong concert is next week. It's just what I need at a time like this. I know it'll be refreshing and I'm looking forward to it :]
Gonna make the most out of the last days I have in Irvine when I get back. Promise.