Sunday, July 4, 2010

Unwritten.

Today my family took a trip to L.A. to just see where the MSMC campus was at. We wanted to take a look around, but unfortunately it was closed so we basically did a L.A. turnaround and stopped in West Covina to eat and shop at Seafood City LOL. But it was good to just go there once before orientation. And I kind of laughed to myself because right when we exited off the freeway to get to the campus, Natasha Bedingfield's "Unwritten" started playing on the radio. Coincidence much? If you watch THE HILLS I think you'll know what I'm talking about haha ;]

The drive to L.A. from my house felt like FOREVER in comparison to the "quick" one hour drive I usually take to Irvine. It felt so different, but after we left I could actually picture myself living in L.A. and now I am really looking forward to orientation. People weren't exaggerating when they told me that the campus is in the mountains...I was kinda getting freaked out when we had to go up these hills through residential areas haha. I definitely DO NOT want to be driving there during the night hours. It's going to take some getting used to I guess, and hopefully my Garmin will be my lifesaver whenever I go out.

I'm really looking forward to meeting new people and just seeing all that there is to do in L.A. because I know there's so much to explore and so much I want to experience. But at the same time, I can't forget that I'm there for school. I really want to buckle down and do the absolute best that I can. I don't want to settle for being average anymore because I AM BETTER THAN THAT. After these last two years of convincing myself that I could never get A's in science classes, I am ready to take on a new perspective. UCI toughened me up a bit and now I feel like I can handle things better. So, I know it's not a new year yet, but I made a list of things that I hope to do once I make that move to MSMC (in no particular order):

* Study more often and prepare more before exams.
* Aim to graduate with honors.
* Make more time for prayer, meditation, and continue to pray the rosary at least every Tuesday.
* Don't be afraid to check out clubs on campus, BE MORE OPEN TO PEOPLE! Stop being so shy and closed off!
* Make the effort to bond with my hallmates and especially my roommate.
* Try to work out at least 3 times a week.
* Go to ALL the big Liwanag events and try to make it to meetings at least once a month.
* Try to sing for mass at Interfaith at least once a month.
* Plan monthly hangouts with UCI friends.
* Make time to hang out with Liwanag Alumni that live in L.A.
* Start searching for internships or part-time jobs to keep me busy.
* Eat healthier!

If I'm able to keep up with all these things, I think my life will be absolutely wonderful :] But you never know, the rest it still unwritten.