"So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don’t, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it’d be easy, they just promised it would be worth it. Eventually feels a lot better than actually."
Eventually feels a lot better than actually. That's what I've been trying to tell myself lately. I see all the nursing students in their white coats around campus and all I can think is, that should be me.
I have to admit that I'm still dealing with a sense of guilt for not choosing MSMC in the first place and getting my career path started in the right direction from the get-go. As of right now, I don't even know what year I'll be graduating. There's a lot of uncertainty and it's not easy to cope with. But today I had lunch with one of the girls from my class who is in the same situation as me. She transferred here from UCR and is also in the pre-nursing program. We also both intended to go to MSMC our first year, but we ended up going to UC's instead. At one point she said "UGH, I just should've gone here in the first place!" And sometimes that's how I feel, but in all honesty, I wouldn't trade ANYTHING for the last 2 years of my college life in Irvine...it was priceless.
So we both came to a conclusion that we're going to be where we want to be one day, and that's all that matters, no matter how long it takes for us to finish. It was nice sharing my experience with someone and for her to KNOW what I'm going through. I'm slowly starting to make my way into the social pool here at MSMC, but I feel like I'm trying to force myself to find people to hang out with and I don't want to do that. I really want to take my time and find a group of people who I just click with, you know? It took me a good year to start hanging out with my best friends at UCI, so there's no rush. I just have to be patient and take the opportunity to meet new people whenever I can.
Pangkat's first general meeting is tomorrow and I'm pretty excited about it. I think that their org. is very family-based and that's just what I need right now. I was hoping I'd find a small group of people to go with me, but it looks like I'll be going solo at the meet and greet portion of the meeting. But that's what it's for right? To meet new people. And sure, it's kind of scary to be in a new social environment, but it's pretty damn exciting at the same time. I can't wait.
P.S. I feel like I started off on the right foot with school. Aiming for that 4.0 this semester. WORK.