Overall, this was a great week. The pre-nursing students got to visit the skills lab on Monday and we were able to see the simulated dummy that we will eventually have to "take care of." Then we got to do a hands-on bandage of an ulcer on these foam butts haha. Just that little taste of the nursing program was very exciting for me. I feel more motivated to get there because I want to be able to do all the fun things! Right now it's just a lot of book work and memorizing. I can't wait for potential clinicals and skills lab assessments :)
On Tuesday, I got three of my exams back. I was 0.5 points away from getting a perfect score on my Faith & Human Development exam! I think I'm doing so well because I actually ENJOY analyzing faith from different perspectives and incorporating theory. I'm soo much better at essay writing than multiple choice and I'm really proud that my effort paid off :D I got an A on my psych test, which isn't too flattering because all my tests are take-home LOL, but it's nice to know that class is boosting my GPA. And surprisingly I got a B+ on my Business Law briefing exam which I didn't think I did too well on. A majority of the class got A's which kinda upsets me haha, but that just means I have to prepare more for the next exam.
On Wednesday we had to test the pH of our own urine in physio lab -__- I hate peeing into cups and the worst part was that we had to do this three different times to measure the output LOL. At night I headed over to PCN practice and I'm starting to slowly bond with all the people in my dances. I only go once a week because I didn't want to prioritize PCN over my classes (like previous years), but I'm liking the dances that I'm in. I specifically chose Wednesdays because that's when Tinikling meets, and I told myself that I WOULD DO TINIKLING THIS YEAR. It's just something that I've always wanted to do and I'm having a really fun time with the Tiniks crew. Much of our practice consists of laughing from mistakes and failed attempts haha, but I know that we'll get it down by the time PCN rolls around in April.
And today was a looong day. But we ate lunch on Brady Patio and the view was AMAZING. Although I have A LOT I could be doing this weekend (school-wise), I'm going to try my best to focus on retreat. I usually have a difficult time concentrating on things when I know I have a big exam coming up, so hopefully I'll be able to balance my down-time between bonding and reviewing notes. I'm so excited for this weekend! It's time for a little spiritual break :]