It's a brand new month and its been quite eventful you can say. Bad news first, I got into my first "car accident," but thank God it wasn't so bad. I got rear-ended on Sunset Blvd while I was waiting at a red light before getting on the 405 to head to West Covina for the food truck festival. What scared me the most was that it was so sudden. I didn't see the other car approaching from behind because I was just listening to the radio when all of a sudden I felt my body jolt forward. It took me a second to process that someone had hit me, I guess I was just in a state of shock because I've never been in a car accident before. I'm just glad that I'm okay. My car has some scratches but that can always be fixed. I was so shook up by everything and knowing me, I cry in situations like that. So I called my mom in tears after I exchanged information with the other driver, called the police, and settled my claim with the insurance company. I was an emotional wreck but I calmed down after I got off the phone with my mom. For some reason I thought she would have been upset with me, but when I told her I had been hit, the first thing she asked me if I was okay. I could sense the fear in her voice, as if she were anticipating that something had happened to me, but when I said everything was fine I could tell she was relieved. She asked me why I was crying if everything was okay and I told her because it was a scary experience. But she kept re-assuring me that the car could be fixed and that if I was okay that's all that mattered.
I almost didn't end up going to West Covina because I was scared to drive, but my brother convinced me to go and I'm glad he did. I had a great time with all our friends and eating, of course. That helped to relieve my stress after the accident and I felt sooo much better. I had to wake up early the next day for the T.E.A.S and I think that I did pretty well on it. I'm hoping to get in the 90s percentile, but if not I have one more opportunity to improve my score so we'll see what happens.
I know that my accident wasn't a "near death experience," but it made me realize that things like that can happen in the matter of seconds. It made me think, how about if that accident turned out to be more serious? How about if I did end up in the hospital? That thought scared me the most. So my eyes are opened now. I WILL be more appreciative from here on out. But most importantly I can't forget that He kept me safe through it all. ♥
I got another busy week ahead of me with two midterms, but fortunately I will be heading to Irvine on the weekend for Winter Retreat! I really miss everybody back at LOG so I'm definitely looking forward to spending the weekend with them. Gonna power through this week so I can have some funnn :D