"There are times, when you'll need someone. I will be by your side. There is a light that shines, special for you and me." - Common, The Light
I am SO BLESSED to have been able to go on another Winter Retreat with Liwanag this year. It's incredible to see how much this family has grown, not only in number but in faith. It was an amazing weekend spent with amazing people and once again, I am at a loss of words to explain this experience.
I have to admit that things do feel a little different within Liwanag itself. For one, I truly miss all of the alumni and the feeling of being close with EVERYONE. However, this change is great because I was able to meet a bunch of new faces. Nothing makes me happier than new people choosing to be a part of this family and to see the joy in their faces with each activity. It reminded me of my first year in Liwanag and feeling that sense of exuberance in something new & exciting. Being reunited with this family and getting the chance to catch-up with my fellow third years made me so happy. There is no doubt in my mind that God was present with all of us that weekend. I saw His light in everyone there and it was uplifting.
I really can't believe that there is only one more Summer & Winter retreat as an "undergraduate." I never imagined these 4 years of college to fly by so quickly. Bonding with my class over these past few years have been the best memories of my life, I can't imagine what it's going to be like when they all graduate next year and move on to bigger & greater things. It's definitely bittersweet, but at the same time it's amazing to see how far we've come and how much we've grown in our faith since Freshman year :]
Having a family like Liwanag is not something to be taken for granted. I thank God for them every single day and I only hope to grow more in my faith with them. This Winter Retreat was special because it reinforced the fact that I can ALWAYS turn to this family, no matter how near or far my life may be from them. For me, LOG embodies God's love. Whenever we pray together or sing together, it all goes back to our purpose: centering our life around Him; seeking grace and humility in the face of a world overflowing with greed and selfishness. This gift of family/community is God's way of calling us to be His humble servants and I am extremely blessed to be a part of it. Just as I said at the end of my blog for Winter Retreat last year...