Saturday, June 4, 2011

All This Time.



For the last three years, I've imagined what it would feel like to finally get an acceptance letter in the mail from a nursing program. I've day-dreamed about it & dreamt about it while I slept, but today this dream finally became a reality and it is 1000x better in real life. Through all the heartache, frustration, and tears, this piece of paper is what I've been waiting for. I know I was COMPLETELY stressed out about it, but my Mom was right after all, I am good enough to get into the program.

I think the moment I opened up that letter will always be a vivid memory for me. I was on my way driving to Target to buy my brother's birthday gift and decided to stop by the mailbox 'just in case.' Right when I turned the key to open it, I looked in and saw only 3 envelopes, but instantly I saw the "M" logo for MSMC. My mouth literally dropped and my heart started racing like crazy, so I grabbed all the mail, started to rip open my letter and went back to my car. I took a deep breath and started to read and finally saw the word 'acceptance.' Right then, I let out a sigh of relief and all of a sudden I started to cry because I couldn't believe that this was actually happening. Looking back at how uncertain I was, how many times I talked to friends about my worries, and all the times I doubted myself, it's amazing to see how far I've come. He truly was guiding me all along, every step of the way. But most importantly, He was working through other people, all my friends, my family, and especially my Co. I honestly could not have made it without their constant prayers, advice, consolation, and encouragement. This acceptance letter was not only for me, but a 'thank you' to everyone who continued to push me and believe in my potential. Its been SUCH a journey, and I am SO EXCITED for this upcoming school year. My turn has come to start living my dream and it's still surreal to me.

Exactly a year ago, this is what I wrote in my blog, "I may be on life's high as of right now, but I know this will only last for the time being. Soon, the seniors are going to graduate. Soon, I will find out if I am staying at UCI or moving to L.A. Soon, things are going to make a sudden change. And I'm scared for what lies ahead. Is it joy? More pain? Success maybe? Only He knows...." Right now I am on life's high once again. The Seniors are doing amazing things and I've fortunately been able to keep in close touch with them. I've moved to L.A. and I'm okay. There was definitely joy, pain, and success, but He brought me to where I am today, stronger than ever. I AM SO BLESSED. The people that I have in my life make it that much easier to withstand all the other crap that comes along with growing up and I will be sure to make them proud. I know this isn't going to be a 'walk in the park,' but I know they will always be there if I ever need a hand to hold, and that's enough for me.

I'm dedicating everything to You, Lord. You've helped me to get this far and I owe every ounce of myself for Your glory. All this time, going in and out of the dark, DAY has finally arrived. I've finally reached a new beginning :D