Thursday, June 9, 2011

Everything.

It's an exciting time for me right now because I'm in the process of filling out all the paperwork for the Nursing program and scheduling all the other things on the checklist that I have to do before August 1st. It was a lil' overwhelming at first, but now that I've started, it's not so bad. I'm taking it one step at a time :)

So far I've already filled out most of the paperwork, scheduled my CPR training for this Saturday just to get it out of the way, and I also made a doctor's appointment for my physical exam next month. Today I deposited money into my bank account so that I can purchase my clinical uniforms/skills lab coats, and malpractice insurance (yikes). I've also started the process of my background check but ran out of computer paper to print my report so that'll have to wait til' tomorrow. This whole process is SO pricey, but I'm grateful that my parents have been extremely supportive by providing me with all the funds. I hate having to ask for money, but at this point there's really no other option.

I've tried to apply to three different jobs over the last few months and none of them have worked. I know that doesn't sound like much of an effort, but I've really been trying to find something related to the medical field. I'm trying not to resort to 'mall jobs' but at the moment, I'm desperate for anything.However, my Mom has been telling me to not get a job and to just focus on school and continue to push for a non-paid internship at the hospital instead, which IS probably the BEST route for me to take as of right now. Maybe being turned down all those jobs is God's way of telling me to FOCUS. Money isn't everything, although it would be nice to help out a little bit here and there.

I really can't wait for the Fall semester to start. I feel like it's going to be a fresh new start actually taking nursing classes and experiencing clinicals. Also, I'll be getting a new roommate since my current one is moving out for the student exchange program. I'm not gonna lie, I was kind of relieved when she told me because I want a roommate who is more similar to me. Don't get me wrong, she's a really nice person, but we never really clicked on that 'deeper friendship' level, which I hope to have with my next roomie. I also want to re-decorate my apartment with some new furniture and other wall decor, so it's gonna be fun! I'm still in the process of picking someone, I've already asked one of my friends and she's still deciding, so hopefully things will work out and I'm praying that it will.

I'm really looking forward to these next few weeks, going back to L.A. for Summer school, spending time with friends, finishing up the rest of my nursing paperwork, and of course my 21st Birthday weekend! AHH! In exactly one month from now I will be drunk somewhere in Vegas and I can't waittt. HAHA. I've been waiting for the day when EVERYTHING would fall into place and I think it's safe to say that I don't have to worry AS much anymore. And that's SUCH a good feeling.