"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us."
-- Albert Schweitzer
I've been looking forward to Summer Retreat for so long! And I'm SO GLAD that I'm going even though my whole life moved to L.A. When I look back at last year's retreat, the quote above truly sums up my experience. I remember I was hesitant to go because I didn't really KNOW anyone and that's pretty odd since I was an active member in Liwanag my first year, I just never really made the effort of hanging out with them and getting to know people better. But Summer Retreat changed all that and I think that's when MY own light was rekindled. I seriously believe that if I didn't go to that retreat, my second year would have been SO much more different.
And for that I am GRATEFUL that He called me to go. I really saw what it meant for God to work through other people and it was a great weekend spent with amazing people. I'm really happy that I get to experience it again and I think it's going to be even MORE fun since Liwanag is pretty much my family now :]
Aside from this, I'm happy that I got to go home last weekend and be with my family for Labor Day weekend. We didn't really do anything, haha, but it was nice to just be back at home and spend time with my parents and friends. However,it was disgustingly HOT! So thank God Willard decided to have a pool party for his birthday. I had a lot of fun chillin' with my brother and friends I don't get to see too often. After the pool, we went to eat at a nearby Thai restaurant which had some BOMB barbeque. Then after that we just went back to Willard's apartment to hang out and eat the cake that Jason baked for him. I am really blessed to have friends that I consider my family back at home and in Irvine. I hope to find a family here in L.A. as well, so we'll see who He brings into my life this year.
I've been having this enormous amount of motivation lately and I LOVE it. I feel determined, strong, confident, and I just really hope I can keep this up for the rest of the Semester. I'm really trying to get that 4.0, I KNOW that I can do it! Or at least get as close to it as possible. My personal goal is to make it on the Dean's List by the end of Fall Semester. And surprisingly, my Mom is actually the one who motivated me to aim for it. I usually find myself in doubt, but this time, I'm not going to let my past overshadow me.
Sometimes I am in complete awe at how my parents treat me. I overlook the fact that my parents are my providers and motivators. And yeah I tend to bitch at them a lot because we disagree on some things, but I would be NOTHING without them. The fact that they don't mind me not working to help pay for school is beyond me. They just tell me to WORK HARD and that's enough for them. So I'm going to do just that and make them proud. This will be my way of THANKING them for all that they have done for me.
I have so much to be thankful for. So I am opening up my heart to You this weekend, to show my deepest gratitude.I know You are constantly looking out for me, even when I feel You're not. Thank You.